Match day approaches/Step 2 CS/Economics 101
Ok so tommorrow at 12pm i find out if i matched.. dont find out where i matched until thursday.
Since I've been back in good old USA, its pretty warm, except for the first day i got back. (it snowed.. God was sending me a nice welcome back present)
I started my Neuro rotation, which is going well. I only have to do two and half days this week thanx to match. I never realized Neuro was so chill, but it seems like the residents have the bomb lifestyle.. my resident was complaining about his HOME call ONCE a MONTH. damn.. i wanted to hit him.
The first Monday i got back i took step 2 cs, which was actually not bad at all. I was a little scared walking in cuz i've been off clinical rotations since November, but all except for 3 out of the 12 were medical. 2/10 cases were experimental and i think i figured out one of those, cuz i had no idea at the end and no one else did either. OF the 3 that werent medical: 1 was Psychiatry 1 was Gynecology and 1 was Pseudopediatrics. It was some adult complaining about his child's bedwetting problem. I didnt have a phone case.. which was kinda disappointing cuz i was looking foward to having any angry mom yell at me.. (jk)
I was craving sushi when i was in CR, but i havent gotten any since i've been back.. thanx to this wonderful financial aid meeting we had. I got to learn all about my debt, what it meant to consolidate it and how to defer/get forebearance. Most importnatly we went over what to do with my money that i'll be making.. it seems i actually have some options: i.e. i could pay down the debt (sounds smart.. but its actually proly the worse decision) here is why.. 1. while i defer the govt pays for a good portion of the interest.. i will only qualify for deferment if i have a big enuf debt with a small amount of income. Pay down the debt.. and i may not qualify as my resident salary increases year to year. Plus the interest rate is so low i can easily make that up in stocks/property value. So to avoid really paying into interest i just have to pay the amount that the govt wont pay for so that it doesnt get added to the principal..
whether i'll invest or buy a small condo/house thing.. not sure yet.. that really depends on where i match. They talked about 401/403s at the meeting as well. I had really no clue what they were b4, just heard my bro bouncing the term around. I dont know about putting money away into that just yet, cuz i wont see it for another 40-50 years, and im sure some quick cash outs would be necessary in that time. (The finanical advisor said that borrowing against ur 401 k is the MOST IDIOTIC decision ever.. cuz u get taxed and fees and the interest rate is ridiculous.. so its really money u cant touch)
im actually starting to like the economics stuff.. its cool to play around with money.
Atif K.
Since I've been back in good old USA, its pretty warm, except for the first day i got back. (it snowed.. God was sending me a nice welcome back present)
I started my Neuro rotation, which is going well. I only have to do two and half days this week thanx to match. I never realized Neuro was so chill, but it seems like the residents have the bomb lifestyle.. my resident was complaining about his HOME call ONCE a MONTH. damn.. i wanted to hit him.
The first Monday i got back i took step 2 cs, which was actually not bad at all. I was a little scared walking in cuz i've been off clinical rotations since November, but all except for 3 out of the 12 were medical. 2/10 cases were experimental and i think i figured out one of those, cuz i had no idea at the end and no one else did either. OF the 3 that werent medical: 1 was Psychiatry 1 was Gynecology and 1 was Pseudopediatrics. It was some adult complaining about his child's bedwetting problem. I didnt have a phone case.. which was kinda disappointing cuz i was looking foward to having any angry mom yell at me.. (jk)
I was craving sushi when i was in CR, but i havent gotten any since i've been back.. thanx to this wonderful financial aid meeting we had. I got to learn all about my debt, what it meant to consolidate it and how to defer/get forebearance. Most importnatly we went over what to do with my money that i'll be making.. it seems i actually have some options: i.e. i could pay down the debt (sounds smart.. but its actually proly the worse decision) here is why.. 1. while i defer the govt pays for a good portion of the interest.. i will only qualify for deferment if i have a big enuf debt with a small amount of income. Pay down the debt.. and i may not qualify as my resident salary increases year to year. Plus the interest rate is so low i can easily make that up in stocks/property value. So to avoid really paying into interest i just have to pay the amount that the govt wont pay for so that it doesnt get added to the principal..
whether i'll invest or buy a small condo/house thing.. not sure yet.. that really depends on where i match. They talked about 401/403s at the meeting as well. I had really no clue what they were b4, just heard my bro bouncing the term around. I dont know about putting money away into that just yet, cuz i wont see it for another 40-50 years, and im sure some quick cash outs would be necessary in that time. (The finanical advisor said that borrowing against ur 401 k is the MOST IDIOTIC decision ever.. cuz u get taxed and fees and the interest rate is ridiculous.. so its really money u cant touch)
im actually starting to like the economics stuff.. its cool to play around with money.
Atif K.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home