Bored in RI
Hey everyone!
Totally forgot to update.. but i'm here in RI doing absoultely nothing.. so here it is:
I have two things to talk about... so i'll split them up.. one is about all my trips.. and the second is ONE PIECE! i guess this one will be about one piece.
So now that I'm done with Step 2 CK (yeah!) i caught up all on the one piece i missed. As everyone proly (everyone here really is just me and Gupta) knows http://www2.kaizoku-fansubs.com/ has all the subs up to 169.. which i was following.. but i couldn't stand not knowing what happens in the skypeia arc so i downloaded the really really really poor fansubs of hell-hk to bridge the gap to 200.. which is fansubbed by gerusama.com (pretty good quality)
Now i'm finally caught up to japan on 253.. So mad props to gerusama and kaizokou for fansubbing!
Ok so now the point of discussion is why everyone hates on one piece. I really dont quite understand it.. its got everything, drama, comedy, action. The only thing that I could think of is that dumb american version is ruining it. i've seen like 1/2 episode of the american version which was clearly very very bad. I mean luffy has the voice of a 3 year old, sanji (the cook) doesn't smoke (and neither does Smoker!) and they all very strange voices. What is even weirder is that Cartoon Network decided to adopt the 4kids version and brodcast that really bad show to all the wannabe anime lovers of america. I mean they could've at least redone the voice overs.. oh the worst part is that damn intro, which is just disgusting, especially since the real intro/outros for one piece are just amazing. (especially the current intro) (worth dling from gerusama.com.. especially episode 236)
Anywaz.. so i was remembering a year ago when me and Gupta first dled one piece, and we were both like, wtf is this? Rubberman? Pirate Hunter? it was all a little off in the beginning. I guess since so many people hate on it so much, they should skip the first two arcs so that it wont get worse. I recommend starting with the sanji arc (i think that starts at episode 18) cuz its amazing. and from then one piece doesnt dip until they first get into the grand line at episode 60 something. I think if your eyes dont get a little boggy with tears in Sanji's arc or Nami's arc then you have to find a new heart.
So what makes One Piece great, i feel its the drama. The character development in One Piece far out does any other anime I've ever seen. All of the chars have such in depth backgrounds and stories, and it really comes out in everything they do.
The arcs in the beginning are pretty scripted... one island.. solve problems.. next island... The action is also pretty good. especially usopp, the sniper, he and nami, the navigator, are the only two that arent really strong fighters, so they have to be very creative in the way they fight. (episode 235/236 are a good example of that)
Why try to convnice people to watch one piece? So can i have more buddies to talk about it with, duh. and cuz i have angst about merry dying! did Merry really die when it went off that cliff! AND LUFFY vs USOPP!!! Poor usopp :( losing merry and his all friends :(
Atif K.
Totally forgot to update.. but i'm here in RI doing absoultely nothing.. so here it is:
I have two things to talk about... so i'll split them up.. one is about all my trips.. and the second is ONE PIECE! i guess this one will be about one piece.
So now that I'm done with Step 2 CK (yeah!) i caught up all on the one piece i missed. As everyone proly (everyone here really is just me and Gupta) knows http://www2.kaizoku-fansubs.com/ has all the subs up to 169.. which i was following.. but i couldn't stand not knowing what happens in the skypeia arc so i downloaded the really really really poor fansubs of hell-hk to bridge the gap to 200.. which is fansubbed by gerusama.com (pretty good quality)
Now i'm finally caught up to japan on 253.. So mad props to gerusama and kaizokou for fansubbing!
Ok so now the point of discussion is why everyone hates on one piece. I really dont quite understand it.. its got everything, drama, comedy, action. The only thing that I could think of is that dumb american version is ruining it. i've seen like 1/2 episode of the american version which was clearly very very bad. I mean luffy has the voice of a 3 year old, sanji (the cook) doesn't smoke (and neither does Smoker!) and they all very strange voices. What is even weirder is that Cartoon Network decided to adopt the 4kids version and brodcast that really bad show to all the wannabe anime lovers of america. I mean they could've at least redone the voice overs.. oh the worst part is that damn intro, which is just disgusting, especially since the real intro/outros for one piece are just amazing. (especially the current intro) (worth dling from gerusama.com.. especially episode 236)
Anywaz.. so i was remembering a year ago when me and Gupta first dled one piece, and we were both like, wtf is this? Rubberman? Pirate Hunter? it was all a little off in the beginning. I guess since so many people hate on it so much, they should skip the first two arcs so that it wont get worse. I recommend starting with the sanji arc (i think that starts at episode 18) cuz its amazing. and from then one piece doesnt dip until they first get into the grand line at episode 60 something. I think if your eyes dont get a little boggy with tears in Sanji's arc or Nami's arc then you have to find a new heart.
So what makes One Piece great, i feel its the drama. The character development in One Piece far out does any other anime I've ever seen. All of the chars have such in depth backgrounds and stories, and it really comes out in everything they do.
The arcs in the beginning are pretty scripted... one island.. solve problems.. next island... The action is also pretty good. especially usopp, the sniper, he and nami, the navigator, are the only two that arent really strong fighters, so they have to be very creative in the way they fight. (episode 235/236 are a good example of that)
Why try to convnice people to watch one piece? So can i have more buddies to talk about it with, duh. and cuz i have angst about merry dying! did Merry really die when it went off that cliff! AND LUFFY vs USOPP!!! Poor usopp :( losing merry and his all friends :(
Atif K.

2 Comments:
yeah same here. The voices just ruined it and the intro. Its just hard to give the show a chance because of your first impressions.
By
Samireye, at 3:46 PM
Since One Piece is so HUGE, it'd be damn expensive to get a dual audio version on DVDs... but that's why we have free fansubbers :) I agree though about the first few episodes being really weird and childish looking, expecially if you're not used to anime. I don't even know why Atif and I kept on watching OP, but I guess we had nothing better to do than procrastrinate. Though I have to say that Zoro's character is the most interesting to me, and I can't condone skipping the first arc because that's when you meet him. Feel free to skip episode one though, it's weird as hell.
I can't wait to see what's in store for the rest of this current arc... Luffy and the rest are gonna have to kick some major ass to make up for their severe beatdown so far.
And, aren't ya glad you saw the shitty in-between pieces anyway, Atif? You know it was worth it to catch up. And you have an excuse to rewatch the good version as the episodes come out from K-F.
By
Amit, at 12:08 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home