Med speak + More

Monday, September 26, 2005

Intraspection- On Naurto

No i have not given up..

Just busy watching Naruto!
Naruto is a little too serious for my taste and very very very slow
man it took them 10 episodes to have one fight scene.

An Interesting concept keeps coming up..
the Genius vs Hard work theme
So does a genius have a genetic right to be superior..
will Rock Lee and Naruto overcome their humble beginnings to outpeform Sasuke and Neji????
In my own experience, I have always seen 3 types of "geniuses"
1. genetically superior.. with hard work (i.e. Neji)
2. exceptional hard work with genetic adequacy (i.e. Rock Lee)
3. genetically superior.. leading to complacency

So my experiences is that I've always been outperformed by the genetic geniuses..
even ones that are complacent about their genius are able to match me pretty close.

alhamdulilah "they" reach levels i can't even hope to see.. they see things faster, wider and just plain better than me. I would stay up all night doing homework.. it would take others 1/4 of the time.. but i stayed on par and it really kept me going knowing i was working side by side with some of the smartest people in the world. I knew I couldn't match them (my test scores were painfully obvious of that fact), but it was just nice to try.

I think the wierdest part of medical school.. has been there were no real competition. I was instantly one of the smartest kids in the class, not just middle of the pack. I think the first two years I was able to do well, because i sought out that competetion unconciously. Then third year hit.. and I got a little complacent because i didnt see my classmates anymore.. no one to compete against other than myself.. I dont think i even realized it until I saw this. Well, i went back to my "normal" OCD self when I went into medicine, because everyone there likes to think and problem solve. And now I'm free from my unconcscious competition bug.

Wierd what you learn from anime..
Atif K.

3 Comments:

  • you think to much.

    would you agree?

    By Blogger Zafar Toor, at 1:50 PM  

  • think too much.. probably.. but thats the purpose of this blog, so suck it up. :)

    i just got back from surgery call.. proly take a nap then i will "blog" some more.. i heard blog actually became a word in the dictionary.. is that true?

    By Blogger AKJ, at 6:52 AM  

  • For the real answer we will just have to see the final episode of Naruto.
    ~Its going to be a long wait.

    By Blogger Samireye, at 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Counter
stats counter